Are you ready Guelph? Because Pint Of Science Guelph is back with more dates, more speakers, and more science!
This year, five different venues will host Pint Of Science Guelph (between May 10th and May 14th). And just like last year, we have a lot in store! Trivia, prizes, awesome talks, and several other things up our sleeves (but we’ll share more information about that on another day). For now, we are extremely excited to announce our preliminary line up of speakers!
Drum roll please!
The 2020 Pint Of Science speakers include…
- Dr. Alex Smith, Associate Professor in the Department of Integrative Biology, College of Biological Sciences
- Dr. Andria Jones-Bitton, Director of Well-Being Programming, Veterinarian, Epidemiologist, and Associate Professor in the Department of Population Medicine, Ontario Veterinary College
- Dr.Chloe Robinson, Postdoctoral Researcher in the Centre for Biodiversity Genomics, College of Biological Sciences
- Dr. Christine Baes, Associate Professor in the Department of Animal Biosciences, Ontario Agriculture College
- Dr. Jamie Gruman, Professor and Graduate Coordinator in the Department of Management, Lang School of Business and Economics
- Dr. Jibran Kjokhar, Assistant Professor in the Department of Biomedical Sciences, Ontario Veterinary College
- Dr. Justine Tishinsky, Course Coordinator in the Department of Human Health & Nutritional Sciences, College of Biological Sciences
- Dr. Liz Mandeville, Assistant Professor in the Department of Integrative Biology, College of Biological Sciences
- Dr. Michelle D’Souza, Postdoctoral fellow and Science Research Communications, International Barcode of Life Consortium, College of Biological Sciences
- Dr. Robin Milhaussen, Professor in the Department of Family Relations & Applied Nutrition, College of Social and Applied Human Sciences
- Dr. Sandeep Mishra, Associate Professor of Management, Lang School of Business and Economics
- Dr. Sarah Lepage, Adjunct Faculty, Ontario Veterinary College
But don’t wait until May to learn more about these speakers. You can follow each of them by following this fancy Twitter list of Pint Of Science Guelph 2020 speakers.
We’ll be releasing more information soon – including venue details, event times, speaker bios. And of course, we’ll be sharing titles and short descriptions of each of the talks soon.
On behalf of the organizing team1, we’re looking forward to seeing you this May – for science!
1 Alex Rodgers (Marketing & Communications Officer, College of Engineering and Physical Sciences), Amber Wood (Manager, Research Communications & Marketing, Office of the Vice-President Research), Melissa MacKay (Faculty, Liberal Studies, Conestoga College), and me.