I’m excited to announce that the worldwide event known as Pint Of Science is coming to Guelph from May 20th until May 22nd. Mark your calendars!
For those not in the know, Pint of Science is an event that takes place in more than 20 countries and 300 cities around the world. This includes 23 cities across Canada, and for the first time ever, Guelph!
What can you expect? Over the course of three nights (May 20, 21, and 22), University of Guelph faculty from a wide array of disciplines and research areas will gather at different pubs in downtown Guelph to share some pints, talk science, and answer your burning questions.
Up to six local pubs will host the talks, each with its own theme:
- Beautiful Mind, which includes research areas in neuroscience, psychology, and psychiatry,
- Atoms to Galaxies, which will span physics, chemistry, math, and astronomy,
- Our Body, with topics of medicine, human biology, and health,
- Planet Earth, featuring research in the areas of geosciences, plant sciences, and zoology,
- Tech Me Out, covering engineering, biotechnology, robotics, and computers, and finally
- Our Society, spanning law, history, politics, policy, and languages.
Speakers, venue information, registration, and other important details will be announced in the near future. For now, be sure to save the date!