In April I will be running the Run for Retina Research half marathon – one of several races that I’ve registered to run1.
The run is also a fundraising event – with funds going to the Ivey Eye Institute, part of St. Joseph’s Hospital in London, Ontario. The institute is one of the best in the country, offering care to people suffering from cataracts, and retinal diseases (including, but not limited to Age Related Macular Degeneration, Stargardt’s Disease, and Retinal Pigmentosa).
With that in mind, if you have the means to do so, please donate. You can do so by clicking here, or on the Run for Retina Research icon to the right.
- Macular Degeneration: An Age-Related Eye Disease (everydayhealth.com)
- Gene Therapy in Ophthalmology Update 9: Oxford BioMedica/OHSU Preparing to Treat First Usher Syndrome Patient & Oxford BioMedica Ophthalmic Program Update (irvaronsjournal.blogspot.com)
- Stem Cells in Ophthalmology Update 17: Recent ACT Updates (irvaronsjournal.blogspot.com)
- I Really Did *NOT* Mean To Do That (carlybananas.com)
- Human embryonic stem cell transplants found to improve vision in clinical trials (gizmag.com)